Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Review (Spoiler Free!)
I have just finished reading Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. May I just say, wow! I was incredibly impressed with this book. I have heard a lot of great things about this book but also some bad things. I went into this read thinking it was going to be an okay book, not the best, but okay. Boy was I wrong! This is probably the best young adult "creepy" novel I have ever read. I have read many YA books hoping to get a good scare out of them but I never really do. The chilling story line and creepy old photographs hooked me from the beginning and have me a good scare or two when reading it at night. This story follows a teenage boy named Jacob. A tragedy happens to him, sending him to a remote island where he finds an abandon orphanage. There, he finds out that the stories his grandfather used to tell him might not have been stories after all. This novel has great characters and a great plot. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves creepy tales and a good story. Even if you are not a horror fan, this is still a great book for you. It has a creepy aspect to it but that is not the focus of the story. There is no blood, no gore, barely any violence. This is a great story all around. Everyone should at least give this book a chance, it is a great novel and is definitely worth picking it up. Alright, that is it for this post. I hope you go and pick this book up, it is definitely worth it. I will see you all in the next post! Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bianca, I like how you said that you've heard some bad things about the book, and went on to say how you loved it. That happens to me all the time! I guess that's why you never judge a book by its cover! Keep up the great reviews :)
ReplyDelete